miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2008

Images of Argentina


The aim of this report is to present what is popular in Argentina. I interviewed my family, a lot of friends and people in general by e-mail and in person, to know what they say about these things: food, music, free time and sport.

Food: the majority of my friends prefer junk food to go to, for example, a restaurant. More than 50% of my family like to go to a restaurant than junk food, like Mac Donalds. And the majority of adult people, I talked to, said that the best food is pizza and asado, and said that it is a tradition to eat that food.

Free time: some friends of mine like music. They play piano, guitar, etc. Over three-quarters of my friends like sports like, football (most of them), basketball, handball, and others.
In my family, 45% like to read books, watch the news, and rest. The other 55% like doing shopping and going to the supermarket. The 75% of the other people I talked to, prefer sleeping to doing any sport.


Music: about a quarter of my family prefer tango to cumbia. The oldest people in my family prefer classic music and tango. And the other part of my family like rock and pop music.
All of my friends like cumbia.

Sport: more than half people in my family like Football. Some in my family prefer Basketball to golf.
All of my friends said that football is the most important sport in Argentina.

Conclusion: I agree with most of the things people said. The most surprising aspect of the report is that it is a tradition to eat pizza and asado and that most of the people said that football is "the sport" in Argentina. I was also surprised that it was uncommon for my friends to sleep in their free time.

1 comentario:

Jimena Cas dijo...

Good work Matias!
Please, correct some grammar and capitalization mistakes (adult person, the 50%, to know waht do they say, this things, people, I interviewed, Pizza, Asado, play piano, people I talked, sleeping to do..., Tango, Cumbia, etc.).
Correct, print (with template) and hand in by May 30th.
Well done!