jueves, 22 de mayo de 2008

Images of Argentina

The aim of this report is to present what is popular in Argentina. I interviewed all my family by telephone, and my best friends, by chat, or in person, and some by telephone. The questions concerned food, free time, sport and music.

Food: All my friends prefer fast food like hamburgers, chips and pizza. In my family the 60% prefer traditional food like “Asado” or “Empanadas” and the other 40% like “Pasta”.

Free time: Most of my friends, near the 70%, do sport, they prefer football, basketball or tennis and the other 30% prefer watching TV or playing video games in home. In the case of my family near the 60% stay at home watching TV, another 10 % go out with friends to see a film or only to go shopping and the last 30% do sports like football or tennis.

Music: Nearly the 90 % of my friends listen to national music preferently rock music, the other 10% listen international pop music. And in my family the 50% listen rock music and the other 50%, which included all y grandparents and my old family, they prefer tango.

Places to visit: More than the 70 % of my friends interviewed say the most beautiful place in Argentina is the Perito Moreno glacier, which is in the south of the country. The other 30 % said that the obelisk is the niciest part of Argentina. And all my family agree that the best place of Argentina are the Iguazu Falls which are one of the bigger
Falls in the world.


The most surprising aspect of the report is that it seem to be a tradition that the families of Argentina eat “Asado” or “Pastas”. And i was also surprised to find out that it is quite common for the adults to listen tango.

1 comentario:

Jimena Cas dijo...

Good work Carlos!
Please, check the use of articles for numbers/percentages, and some other grammar and spelling mistakes (listen..., all y ... they prefer, niciest,the bigger, etc.).
Correct, print (with template) and hand in by May 30th.
Well done!