jueves, 22 de mayo de 2008

Images of Argentina


Images of Argentina

Introduction:

The aim of this report is to present what is popular in Argentina. I interviewed all my family, some of my friends and I went to different popular places to asked people in general. The questions concerned food, free time activities, sport and music.

Findings:

Food: The gastronomy of Argentina is based on meats and wines. The typical meals are pasta, roast, pasties, etc. But usually the majority of the population, in special teenagers, eat fast foods like hamburgers and pizza. Also more and more young people are being vegetarian.


Free time: In my family neither my mother nor my father have much free time because both work every day and in many other families too. More than half of my friends spend their money in the shopping centers or in cinemas. Just under 30% of people go to the theater. They think it has been increasing of price.
On national holidays just over 60% of the population leave the country and the other stay and visit fairs, museums, parks, etc.

Music: The tango is a musical style and it is very popular internationally.
Actually in discos it is quite common for young people listen pop music.
The most famous singers are Britney Spears, Ricky Martin and some others.


Sports: Football is the most important sport for more than half of the people. About one third prefer basketball. The majority of the girls choose hockey or volleyball.

Conclusion:
I was very surprised with the amount of people who leave the country on holidays and also with the increase of vegetarian people.

1 comentario:

Jimena Cas dijo...

Very interesting findings, Stephanie!
Please, before you hand in the final version (with the template) check some grammar mistakes (listen to, in is common for...to, etc.) and remember you should not include personal information (both my parents...)
Correct, print and hand in before May 30th.
Well done!