lunes, 26 de mayo de 2008

Images of Argentina

Introduction

Hello, my name is Matias kujawski and I have just done a report of Argentina.

The aim of this report is to present what is popular in Argentina. I interviewed a lot of people in my family ( mother , father , sister , grandmother and grandfather ) and more than half of my friends . I met with some in tearooms , I met with others at school, and for example two days ago I went to my dad’s office to interview his. I made many calls too!. Approximately 40 people were interviewed by me. The questions concerned food , free time activities , sport and music.

Findings

FOOD:

The majority of people in Argentina prefers Argentinean food ( like the incredible roasts of Argentina) to food from other countries. Here, in Argentina , this roasts are called “asados”.

A lot of people in Argentina like fast-food , especially McDonald’s ( one of the biggest fast-food in the world ).

many people in Argentina also loves pizza and empanadas , pasta is a very consumed food by Argentines.

Over half say their favourite drink is Coca-Cola and the adults like so much wine and beer.

FREE TIME:

Just over 60% of people like going out with friends, watching tv and buying a lot of things in the shopping mall.

The majority of the adults like going to restaurants and 2 in 3 childrends in Argentina like playing computer games.

More than half my friends go shopping every weekend and play computer games every day.

SPORT:

Football is the most important sport for all of the people interviewed , but half of those interviewed said they didn’t like sport

Just under 10% of people prefer another sport to football.

Argentine football is very important both locally and globally and it is known to almost every country in the world. In the Argentine football exist 5 different categoriesà First “A” , National “B”, Metropolitan “B” , First “C” and First “D”.

Argentinean football is the passion of the most of the population in this country. Some of them go to the stadiums every Saturday to watch a football match of their team.

The most important soccer stadium of Argentina is “The monumental” stadium which belongs to the team River Plate.

MUSIC:

About one quarter of the people interviewed prefer Argentine music to that from other countries.

Among my friends , the majority usually listen to songs by British and European singers.

Among my family, just over 70% usually listen to songs by Local singers. Also, many people in Argentina often hear tango.


PLACES TO VISIT: A lot of people say the most beautiful place in Argentina is the Perito Moreno glacier, which is in the south of the country. It is impressive and huge. On the north west, you can find mountains and woods, and in Misiones are located the Iguazu falls, which is the limit with Brazil, in a jungle environment.

Also in Argentina there are many beautiful provinces that can visit, for example: mendoza, cordoba, Entrerríos, corrientes, among others.

Another place much visited by tourists and by Argentines is : Bariloche. It's a very beautiful city which has the characteristic that in winter snows.



Conclusion

I was surprised that many people do not realize sporting activities in Argentina.

I was surprised that most people listen to music from other countries.
I like music from my country and for me we have to listen and support our music, music from Argentina.

The people on Argentina love sports, specially football. It's amazing the passion felt by viewers of the sport in Argentina.





Jimena, yo te lo habia impreso para que veas que lo hice... desde mi casa no me anda el ACCEDER y no pude postearlo antes , asi que te lo imprimi el mismo dia que habia que entregarlo.. por eso lo estoy posteando despues. no me andaba el acceder en mi casa.

2 comentarios:

Jimena Cas dijo...

Good work Matías, I've already corrected your printed version, so later today in class you may ask me for it.
Correct, print (with template) and hand in by May 30th.
Well done!

Jimena Cas dijo...

Remember to include a title in the post!!